Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sad

I'm just sad today. There's not one reason for it, it's just a host of things that flutter around in my head that put all together, make me overwhelmed and sad.

I have a friend who isn't herself these days. I miss the old her. Her priorities are different, her personality is different, and she's not the person I'm used to. She thinks she's a better her now, and while elements of her do have a positive spin, I just miss her.

My kids sound worse rather than better. That sends me back to the pharmacy. That means more money out of my pocket AND kids that sound like they should be hospitalized (insert stares of people who conclude I must be a terrible parent because my kids sound like this, even though its the furthest thing from the truth).

Work is OVERWHELMING. I have a 35 page catalog to write/design before Christmas, in addition to a quarterly newsletter that goes to thousands, a website and deadlines to constantly update, ads, radio, commercials, statistics, budgets, etc. at year end. AND a week of vacation that I HAVE to take before December 8. Sure, having next week off will be delightful...but at the tune of feeling even MORE overwhelmed when I get back...well, not so delightful.

Someone at work bit my head off for doing something...something that is just part of my job. This is a person I really like, and maybe he's just having an off day, but his tone made me take a step back. I didn't like that.

I want to go shopping. For myself. I know it's the Christmas season and I should be wanting to shop for OTHERS (and I do), but I also wish I could just go and get myself something. Just because. Somehow when you're the mom and prescriptions are looming, and bills, and the holidays, it just doesn't happen.

I'm going to miss my work Christmas party. I plan it all year long. Now, it's for a good reason. It's the same night as our church's Christmas music program, which I adore. But doing so much work and not seeing people enjoy it is a little sad for me.

My husband is working insane overtime. The extra paychecks do help, but it kills family time, normalcy and routine - he's crabby from working so much, I'm crabby from being a full-time working, single parent. Sigh.

I'll stop there. Next week is Thanksgiving, and I should be listing things I'm thankful for, but it's just one of those days. Next post, I'll do that. ;)

No comments: