Monday, April 25, 2011

It's my favorite.

Easter is my favorite. I love that it's a joyous holiday, usually with nice weather. Church is awesome - the music is awesome. Pretty dresses. My husband suits up. The lilies smell amazing. There are no gift requirements. Dinner is low-key. I love Cadbury mini robin's eggs. It's just my favorite. I love it from Ash Wednesday clear through. I love everything about it.

Vegas is my favorite. I love that a month from today, I'll be laying next to one of my hotel's six pools, basking in the sun. I've been a lot of places to visit. But Vegas is my favorite...so far. It has everything. Food, shows, pools, shopping, spas, palm trees, beaches...I just love it.

Saturdays are my favorite. With my husband's new shift, Saturday is THE day of the week when he is all ours. No naps. No leaving. He sleeps in my bed Friday night. We wake up together Saturday morning and go back to bed together Saturday night. This Saturday, we woke up to the sun streaming in on our faces, at nearly 8am. It was a DREAM!

Monday coffee is my favorite. One day a week, I treat myself to a 1/2 price coffee drink at our local coffee house. It's skinny. No whip. Flavorless to any other human, quite possibly. But it feels like a sinful indulgence to me.

Allergy shots are my favorite. I almost don't dare say it out loud. It's been a YEAR since our son had to stay overnight in the hospital. We started allergy shots in September. He does have an infection. But so far, no hospital stays. He hates them. He'd rather have infusion - stuck once a month, rather than four times a week. But he doesn't see the big picture - he's getting BETTER!

Lots of things on my favorite list today. Oh, and you. You're my favorite. ;)

No comments: