Wow. I'm pooped.
Today, dad starts chemo. Again. This time, it's more "aggressive." As if losing all of his hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, fingernails and toenails last time wasn't "aggressive." Tomorrow, he has chemo again. And my mom has infusion. Yesterday, my son had four shots - one of them with added b-cells that his little body can't make on it's own.
I'm thinking this is a pretty sucky gene pool. BUT...the good news is that while I'm not a great swimmer, I do know how to hold my head above water. And I have the best lifeguard in the world with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He can WALK on water, after all.
Last night, we had conferences. Two of them - isn't that crazy?! Same night. Same school. Our son is a rock star. Everyone loves him, he's got straight A's. Even being smacked in the face by the dry erase board marker tray, breaking his glasses and scoring 2 black eyes, he's in a good mood. Shots? Nah. He's good. This kid has the disposition of a lamb being held in the Lord's lap. And sometimes, that's how I picture him. And it makes me so happy.
Our little red-headed Indian? Well, she's awesome too. But in kind of a different way. She's going to be the one who tests our patience. Our will. Our pocketbook (that's a different post). Three weeks into kindergarten, she's bored to TEARS. I was ready to go in RANTING that she needed to be moved to first grade. TODAY. But then the teacher said they were placing her in a gifted classroom because she tested well beyond the kindergarten level. So I held my tongue as she described what this little fireball would be challenged with, and decided I'll sit back and watch for a bit. As Crush the turtle from Finding Nemo says "Let us see what the little offspring can do while flying solo."
A friend told me last night about something going on in her life that I was CLUELESS about. And I'm still so mad and upset about it I could hardly sleep. I want to scoop her up and put her in my pocket and carry her around with me so that I can protect her from the darkness. But, she too, is treading water. And God isn't far away with her life preserver, either.
What a day. I'll call it Thursday. And know that not far away, there is a weekend. Which doesn't mean all that much, except maybe an extra hour of sleep. And that, my friends, sounds like heaven today.
No comments:
Post a Comment