A month of summer has already come and gone! Let's catch up:
--We LOVE our pool. It's steps away, HUGE, and lots of fun people hang out there. We go EVERY day, sometimes twice. I've never had a pool. I will never go without one again!
--We sent our kids "back home" for TWO weeks to stay with grandma. We'd never left them for more than 5 days before. Two weeks was a long time - for them and for us (and for my parents). The first week sped by, but then the tears set in and the vacation was over. They missed us. They missed their beds. They missed their puppy. And their pool.
--While they were gone, I'll admit, we had a little fun. We ate out at places the kids wouldn't ever want to go to. Swims involved relaxing, not stressing every moment about where the kids were and if they were drowning themselves or others. We watched movies, took long walks with the dog, worked out uninterrupted and slept - ALL NIGHT. But then it got old. We'd lost our purpose.
--We have become die-hard Royals fans. We watch EVERY game. We go to as many as we can. There's just something about it. Your hometown team - 5 games out of first - and the all-star game in your town that sucks you in!
--Beachbody coach summit happened - without me. :( Just couldn't swing the dough this year. But I'm building my amazing team of coaches here, and we're all going next year. No excuses! In the meantime, it's so fun to workout with them and plan classes with them!
--On the work front, Adam is loving his new position, my work continues to be wonderful (I'm on vacation for 10 days, so that makes it even more wonderful!)
What have YOU been up to this summer?? In a couple of weeks my son will be double digits old - how does that happen? I'd better get to work on a party!
No comments:
Post a Comment