Have you seen this movie with Sarah Jessica Parker? It's a chick-flick, so don't make your man watch it.
But it's a line that I hear, mostly at work. "How do you do it?" Well, I just DO. That whole "I don't have time" line doesn't work for me. I MAKE time. So, for those interested (I can't imagine there are many, I guesstimate I have maybe 3 people who read this blog, on a good day), here's what I day in my life looks like.
4:00 AM Hubby gets up. I'm semi-awake, and can hear his every movement. So I pray.
5:00 AM I get up as hubby leaves for work. Immediately head to hot shower.
6:00 AM After doing hair/makeup/wardrobe, I check my grad school email account for any news, updates, etc., then a quick twitter check to make sure I didn't miss anything overnight.
6:15 AM Fold 1-2 loads of laundry.
6:30 AM Get the kids up. As they're bustling around, put away the loads I just folded.
6:45 AM Head downstairs to start breakfast. For me, this is a protein shake/smoothie with Shakeology, coconut milk, fresh fruit and ice. For the kids, it's scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and milk, OR oatmeal with berries and fruit on the side. Sometimes there is leftover quiche or something.
7:15 AM Keep the kids on point, to make sure they're fixing water bottles, finding everything needed for school *trumpet, show and tell, etc.*, clean up kitchen, pack my lunch
7:40 AM Head out the door.
7:50 AM Kids are dropped at school, head to office.
8:00-11:30 AM WORK WORK WORK
11:30-12:30 Head to a quiet classroom with my school work, snarf down a salad, oatmeal or leftovers and do as much homework as possible. I DO NOT take my phone.
12:30-5:00 WORK WORK WORK
5:00 PM Head home
5:30-6:30 Work out. (On Tuesdays, I actually teach a fitness class from 5-6).
6:30 PM Eat Dinner (Hubby prepares it as I'm working out, except for Mondays when he works late; and on Wednesdays, the girl has dance at 6:30. Those nights look a little different).
7:00 PM Help kids with homework; get things together for the next day. Play with the puppy.
7:30 PM Start showers for kids, pick up house, etc.
8:00 PM Kids go to bed. I do more homework. If I'm lucky and extrememely organized, I'll fit in a 30-minute sitcom with hubby. I usually do homework till about 10.
10:00 PM Shower or bath, or beg hubby for shoulder rub. Climb in bed usually close to 10:30-10:45 PM and record in my daily gratitude journal "three good things" from the day. Bedtime prayer.
Of course, this looks different on days I travel. But it's still a similar routine. I just might leave at 6 AM and hubby does AM stuff, and I might get home at 7 PM and delay my evening activities accordingly.
I'm so lucky to have kids who are responsible, and a hubby who is truly a household partner. Otherwise, I really don't know how I'd do ANYTHING!!
Did that put you to sleep? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment