Tuesday, November 26, 2013

For these, I am thankful. Part Two.

I had surgery on my shoulder Thursday, and it ended up being more invasive than we had planned.  The last several days are a blur of pain and sleep. Last night I hit rock bottom when I had a seizure due to a spike and drop in BP, pain, and low blood sugar. My husband and kids were rock solid, and while it ranks up there on the scare charts, I had a lot of time to thank my stars and the Lord who made them, for these:

  • Care packages and their senders;
  • An on-call chiropractor who makes house calls as a friend;
  • A surgeon willing to share his cell #, and answers when you call it;
  • Sugar cookies and their baker;
  • A husband with strong arms to catch and hold me when I lose consciousness;
  • Kids who help and don't freak when I lose consciousness;
  • A puppy who never leaves my side;
  • Friends who bring healthy meals;
  • Long conversations on the phone with my grandma;
  • Sports bras with back latches;
  • Bio freeze and wound healing lasers;
  • Percocet;
  • Gatorade and Sonic iced tea;
  • Peppermint tea lovingly prepared by my in-home barista;
  • The prayers of my church family;
  • A husband who washes my hair - willingly and without complaint when I'm too weak to do so;
  • Soft blankets;
  • Button up flannel jammies.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.  

No comments: