Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The best part of my day.

I do "three good things" with my kids every night -- which helps us to end the day on a positive note, with an attitude of gratitude for things that made our day great, even if it wasn't so great overall.

The kids often "spin" this game and ask "What was the BEST part of your day?" That's a hard question, because just narrowing it down to three good things is hard when you really think about all of the good. These don't have to be Earth shattering things....let's just take today.

  1. The open window as I woke up, streaming in fresh, desert air. 
  2. Snugging up next to my hubby to warm up with the fresh air (40-degree) streaming in!
  3. Starting my day talking to Jesus.
  4. Moving right into an amazing workout to get my blood flowing and muscles moving.
  5. The kids being off school so I could do all of the above for longer stretches!
  6. Shakeology for breakfast. With a double shot of espresso. Yum.
  7. A staff at work who works hard, but has fun doing it, which makes my job rewarding.
  8. Free skinny peppermint mocha (because my husband's staff rocks, too).
  9. My size 6 pencil skirt - that fits and I feel fabulous in.
  10. Beachbody release of black Friday sales to boost the number of people who I can reach with health and fitness! 
  11. A text from my son that just said, "Miss you."
  12. Coming home to see my halls decked - the house looks beautiful and I love it.
  13. No homework for the first time in two years to do over Thanksgiving break.
  14. I got off early tomorrow and don't go back til Monday!
  15. Watching hot air balloons fly over as I drove home from work.
  16. My kids running to meet me at the door with hugs when I got home.
  17. Sangria wine to sip as I bake ravioli for dinner, which makes the house smell amazing.
I could go on and on. For every stressful, bad moment in my day, something or many things good replace them. Do you have an attitude of gratitude? Thanksgiving posts aren't just for this week. Find your happy in the little moments of every day - and learn to change the narrative!


No comments: