But we got through it, and he's such a sweet, loving, wonderful little boy. Evenings now involve hugs, abundant "I love you"s and him showing off his good behavior for his sister....
Who has now taken his place in this phase.
It doesn't matter which grandma she's been with, if she's had a busy day or lazy day. Nap or no nap, fun or no fun - she IMMEDIATELY finds something to throw a fit about as SOON as we hit the car or house. All evening, she cries, throws fits, argues, melts down, accuses us of never letting her do anything, never giving her anything, not loving her. It makes coming home...down right awful.
I know it's a phase. Her brother proved to me that it ends and it all gets better. That she and I both will come through it unscarred and still loving each other. My husband might not escape it unscarred though - being firm with his little girl breaks his heart.
And trust me, these little faces are hard to stare down. But sometimes love is tough - and the aftermath is sweet reward.

1 comment:
I sooooo remember this phase with both my kids but especially Megan. For about 6 months I dreaded coming home from work because I knew what I was in for the moment I walked thru the door. You are right, it does pass! But reading your blog brought back some bad memories:)
Post a Comment