About a month ago, I decided it was time. Time to get this body back in shape after my hysterectomy. "They" say the weight-gain post-op is a myth. "They" are wrong. I live a weight watchers lifestyle and kept this lifestyle with very little waivering (other than the 1-2 weeks after I got home and friends brought me food - I couldn't tell them, "sorry, I don't know how many points it is, so I'll have to pass!") Nevertheless, I gained EIGHT POUNDS! It's been 8 months, so that's not too terrible. The worst of it is, though, that I lost muscle-muscles in my core that I didn't know I had until they were sliced open.
So off to the Y. But I knew I couldn't do it alone. I signed up for a personal trainer. His name is Jaimie - and he's kicking my BUTT!
Twice a week (at the butt-crack of dawn), I do power yoga. Two or three days a week, I do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training (4 sets of 12 reps on each machine). Today, 6 more machines will be added to my repitoire.
OUCH. I ache and I hurt. I'm also energized, motivated, 4 pounds lighter and see muscle I didn't miss until I saw it in the mirror and smiled. I'm so excited to see how many inches I will lose over the 12-week training period, as well has how much my cardio improves. The cardio was bad, people. Seriously, BAD. But I'm surprisingly strong, flexible and balanced. I LOVE how I feel after yoga and when I run longer, go further and lift more. There's also another added bonus. ME TIME. And that is priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment