Monday, May 2, 2011

Calendar Panic.

My husband tells me to look at the calendar only one day at a time. The Bible tells me "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Mat. 6:34).

But despite the warnings, I always look ahead...to tomorrow, the next day, next week, next month. And I instantly have a panic attack. Gone are the days of my childhood.

I have 27 appointments/things to do/places to be between Monday and Friday this week. It's dance recital week, shot week, mother's day tea (at both schools) week. Last week, 47 things on the calendar, BESIDES my work. The only week there aren't multiple things on my calendar is the week that says "VEGAS." This, people, is why we have found the money the last two years to make it happen. More than EVER before, our lives are total chaos. I'm melting down.

My Lord gives me strength. My husband gives me strength. My ibuprofen keeps me moving. My mediocre amount of sleep keeps me alive. But as a friend told me today, "we should be thankful that we have the blessing of a family to keep us busy. At least we're not doing it for nothing."

Amen.

No comments: