Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's coming, it's coming!! Vacation is coming!

Vacation is coming!! Three weeks from today, I'll be leaving on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again (well, ok, 5 days later I'll be back again).

For 13 years, we didn't go on vacation. Ok, we went on day trips, or an occasional overnighter. My son couldn't - and still can't - be more than a few hours from his medical team. I traveled alone on work trips. But a vacation - last year was the first for us. It was actually the best summer on record - two weekend trips with the kids, a long weekend in Vegas for us. And we get to relive it - a long(er) stay in the city of lights AND at least one weekend trip with the kids. I feel like the luckiest gal in the world (and it's thanks to my husband's new job - the one I complain about all the time because he's never home. Yeah, that one).

On tap this year:
*A different hotel - one that promises to be even MORE plush and beautiful than last year's (though I don't know how that could possibly be)
*The cirq-de-soleil show "Ka" AND Tony-award winning "Jersey Boys." TWO shows. Are you kidding me? "Phantom" nearly knocked my socks off last year!
*MORE swimming. We started off each day swimming last year, but we did NOT devote enough time to just lazing by the pool(s) - there are 6 of them at our humble abode. This year we have a whole extra day. I know where I'll be. Where's the cabana boy?

I just can't even stand the anticipation. Last year set the bar pretty high. But we're easy to please. Can I start packing yet? Can I just say that I am a person who does NOT know how to relax. How to STOP. How to sit. But here, somehow, I let it all go. It's magic.

No comments: