I had such a great birthday.
My husband and kids sent me an edible arrangement. Have you had one? OMG.
My new friends at work took me to Houlihans. Yeah, I live 10 minutes from there.
The chef at work made me a cappucino chocolate cake.
Another new friend brought me a dark chocolate cookie from a top-notch bakery.'
Another new friend and office neighbor bought me Starbucks.
I went to dinner at my cousin's house and snuggled her baby.
My kids sang to me.
I talked to my grandma and my folks.
120 people sent me birthday wishes on facebook.
Seriously. I am so blessed. I love my home. My town. My job. I'm in the best emotional and physical shape of my life. The best financial shape of my life (albeit it's still not sit-back-and-relax, but it's not curl-up--in-fetal-position-crying). I have a husband who loves me and cherishes me.
It's good to be 33. Ten years ago, at 23, I was pregnant with my son. Life was good in a different way. I believe that aging is a good thing. It doesn't bother me, because for me, being here, now, is the best thing. There, then, was the best thing...then. It's about living in the now.
That's why they call it the present. Best birthday present. EVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment