Saturday, September 15, 2012

10 things about living here!

1.  There is no shortage of places to eat.  Which makes it as hard to choose where to eat as if there were no places to eat!  What I have discovered though, is that BBQ here is outstanding (duh), so is wood fired pizza.  And the healthy choices are countless, which makes me so happy.

2.  People here are more conscious about their health and fitness.  Everyone runs or walks or bikes.  The gyms are like resorts.  There are beautiful trails (including 10 acres of them in our development), and things to look at while running (like amazing horses, houses, buildings and foliage).

3.  I was the last applicant accepted into the pool of candidates for my position - one year ago today. ONE YEAR?!  Fastest.year.ever.  Some speed bumps, but overall the best year I can remember.

4.  Being around people who are highly educated everyday makes me excited to get more education myself.  I don't intend to earn my PhD anytime soon, but starting grad school next month gets me very excited.

5.  I LOVE the Royals.  The Chiefs.  Sporting KC.  The T-Bones.  I love that you can hear the high school football games being played in our yard.  I'm turning into a hard-core sports fan.  Weird.

6.  My job fulfills me in such a way that I never thought possible.  I thank my lucky stars everyday to be working there.

7.  I'm addicted to my Friday coffee treat.  Now, though, I'm going to be even MORE addicted because it'll be FREE (thanks to my man, who is now a full time barista there!).

8.  Where I used to live, there weren't too many options for having professional photos done.  So you just picked one, made the appt and went.  Here, they are ENDLESS.  And doing research on the one that we want to use is mind-numbing.  Watch, we'll end up at JC Penney (Lord help us).

9.  My boys are addicted to getting haircuts.  The place they go has huge tv screens with every sport playing, they get a head and neck massage, hot oil facial, and a sample of tea tree oil shampoo.  Seriously??

10.  The friends I've made here are so dear to my heart already.  I am one blessed girl, I tell ya.  Blessed.

No comments: