Thursday, September 6, 2012

When did blogging get hard?

Blogging used to be a piece of cake.  I could spew out posts in a blur, make them sound so interesting, and enjoy sharing them.  Something has happened.  Maybe it's because I think no one reads it.  Maybe it's because facebook and twitter are just easier and faster and with everything taking our time, blogging just disappears in the clutter.

Nonetheless, it's a way to write more than a couple of sentences.  So for the sake of posterity, here are a few things to catch us up. (Remember 10 on Friday?  I'm reinstating it).

1.  I have started running.  I am a nutcase.  I convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to do it.  So I signed up for a 5K in November to give myself a goal (to fail to reach), and then within a week, I was running two straight miles.  Seriously?  Ok, well maybe 3.1 miles won't be too hard after all.

2.  I was accepted into graduate school.  Whether or not I am going to go is irrelevant.  The point is, I picked a program, and applied.  They want me.  The door is open.

3.  My husband was offered two jobs today.  One is secure and risk-free.  But less money.  The other is riskier, but with the potential for ENORMOUS growth.  Seriously?  I hate decisions.  Good thing it's his decision.  ;)

4.  My children started school again - 5th grade and 1st grade - and we said goodbye to our beloved pool for the year.  I have no idea how this has happened.  They are growing up too fast.



5.  5th grade is HARD.  He's in band (trumpet), math trivia team, safety patrol and fit club.  My daughter is in spirit squad and dance.  Everyday we have some sort of after school activity.  My head is spinning.

6.  My dad found out he gets a 6-month break from chemo - PRAISE GOD!

7.  On August 8, my hubby and I celebrated 15 years together.  15? Are you kidding me?


8.  It was one year ago this week that he declared we would be moving.  Somewhere.  It was about a month later that he did, with the kids, pup and I behind in November.  We get 'er done!

9.  My daughter turns 7 on Sunday.  I can't even swallow this. We will celebrate with a trip to the State Fair, where I have to work....but hey, hotel stay, funnel cake, farm animals and a ferris wheel.  What's better than THAT on your birthday??

10.  My dog has been accepted into a program at K-State to taste-test new dog food.  And she gets paid for it.  Ok, so my DOG has a job?!  Awesome.


1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I may have to reinstate the Friday 10 to get going again too!