Tuesday, December 18, 2012

4,745 days later

Thirteen years ago, I married my best friend.  We were 20, I was in college.  We were KIDS!!  But we were grown up enough to know what we were doing, and we got it right.  I can only hope our children are as smart and level headed, and that we trust them enough to let them fly.


We're a little more weathered now, a few more gray hairs (him, not me, lol), but we're still so very much in love.  Two beautiful children, three silly and wonderful puppies, three towns, four houses, too many cars to count, career changes, sick parents, financial upheaval, a sick child -- Lord, we've run the gamut.  But at the end of the day, we're still smiling, holding each other's hands and lucky in love.


And he still makes me smile this big.  God knew what he was doing when he put this guy in my life when I was least expecting it.  The best things in life aren't under the tree.  The best things in life (like a man who loves you for 13 crazy years!) are totally free.


No comments: