Saturday, March 16, 2013

Good move.

Yesterday, I was sitting at my desk, the sunshine pouring in the windows off the pond into my office from behind me.  I was wearing a K-State polo--naturally, on a Friday--but it was also game day.  A BIG game day.  And today, even bigger.

The President of the university had just told me what a great job I was doing.  I turned around and looked out, and my kids were walking from their school--next door--to the campus.  Minutes later, the security guard came in and told me he'd safely escorted the kids to "their room" (one of our study halls which has now been equipped for them with a movie screen and homework cubicles by my CEO).

I just sat there, listening to the bustling about in the administrative corridor and I thought about what it meant to be part of it all.  I beat out 200+ people for my job.  We found a home minutes from the campus and my kids' school.  We both are in jobs that we love.  Our son is the healthiest he's ever been.

When my husband proclaimed we were moving, I lost my ability to swallow.  Now, a year and a half later, looking back, my heart swells knowing it was a good move.

The best.

No comments: