Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Baseline Health Check: Make the appointment NOW!


These are not the most beautiful photos of me. I didn't pose for them. My kids were taking them and I didn't even know. But they prove my point here today.

I got a baseline health screening yesterday, something I do every year without excuses. And here's what I learned about myself this year:

Total Cholesterol: 148
Optimal: less than 200

HDL (Good) cholesterol: 64
Optimal: Greater than 60

LDL (Bad) cholesterol: 84
Optimal: less than 100

TC/HDL Ratio: 2.5
Optimal: less than 3.8

Triglycerides: 53
Optimal: Less than 150
***This is the indicator of exercise, along with HDL. He could tell I worked out!

Glucose: 63 (Yikes, this was LOW from fasting. They made me drink some OJ.)
Optimal: Less than 100

Blood Pressure: 121/72
Optimal: 120/80 or better

Waist: 27
Optimal: less than 35

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140
BMI: 21-22 (it was right on the border)
Optimal BMI: 18.5-24.9

This is the best physical I've ever had! When I think of what my numbers were just five short years ago, it gives me goosebumps.  I weighed 256 pounds and was nearing the medication point for cholesterol.

I encourage all of you to get a screening -- you neeed a baseline so you know what to focus on HEALTH wise, rather than just a size, or a measurement on the scale. Lots of very fit and "thin" people are not healthy. 

MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, it takes 30 minutes and could save your life. Then FIND THE TIME, MAKE THE TIME and BE YOUR OWN PRIORITY every day to work out, eat well and value your body and mind!  

YOU'RE WORTH IT!


No comments: