Sunday, April 28, 2013

I'm a WARRIOR! One more down!

Another one of the "40 before 40" items can now be crossed off -- running a 5K.  Not ONLY did I run a 5K, but I did it with13 military obstacles added in the freezing cold rain while sloshing through mud and murky water! A straight-away 5K seemed way too boring.

It was awesome.  Pure adrenaline awesome, and I can't WAIT for next year!




1. army crawl through muddy trench under barbed wire, then crawled out of the mud pit
2. scaled a wall using only a rope, then slid down the back side
3. walked a plank under a rain bath to climb over an angled plank, back down, across another, then another with 4 feet of freezing water underneath if you fell
4. scaled a vertical cargo rope--up one side, down the other
5. scaled a vertical chain--up one side, down the other
6. 20-foot angled wall with rocks to climb on--up one side, down the other--repeat 4 times
7. army crawl again under barbed wire
8. up a muddy hill, slide down into freezing water--repeat three time
9. leap over fire, twice
10. jump into freezing, chest high water, wade through it with barbed wire over your head, climb out the other side
11. leap over a 6 foot wall, up and over, repeat 6 times
12. walk on a thin edge, gripping a rope over you for support -- fall into freezing water if you fail
13. tires

I hurt EVERYWHERE today.  But I completed every single obstacle, didn't fail, finished with 837 people behind me and loved it.  I am a WARRIOR!


No comments: