Last night we took our son to Wichita for a doctor's appointment. Afterwards, we headed to his favorite restaurant for him to have his first solid meal in 8 days - a BURGER. While we waited, he looked around at all of the pictures on the wall. One was of a beautiful Hawaiian dancer welcoming a cruise ship with a lei for each passenger.
He thought for a while, quietly. Then this conversation ensued:
Him: "I think we should go to Hawaii on vacation. Or maybe move there."
Me: "Oh yeah? Why do you think that?"
Him: "It's so nice there. It's warm, they have palm trees and sand castles and we could swim."
Me: "What about your sister? She can't swim yet."
Him: "You could help her swim. We could get those things you put on your face that press against your eyes hard and you can see under water."
Daddy: "Goggles?"
Him: "YES! And we could get those long flappy shoes you put on your feet to help you kick."
Daddy: "Flippers?"
Him: "YES! And we could have one of those things you put in your mouth to help you breathe."
Daddy: "Snorkel?"
Him: "YES! Doesn't that sound fun?"
Daddy and I wiped the tears from our eyes from laughing and he thought quietly some more.
Him: "I like to dream about going places where I'm not sick and everyone is happy."
Supper soon came and he ate every bite, then on the way out, he hugged me and said "I hope we get to go to Hawaii soon. But if I have to wait until I'm 20, that's ok."
This little man has wisdom beyond his years and I love him more than words can say.
No comments:
Post a Comment