Monday, June 29, 2009

Kid-isms

Here are a few more conversations, this time with our 7-year old son:

#1: (Daddy is putting him to bed)

Daddy: "What do you want to watch tonight? Boxing ok?"
Kiddo: "You'd better ask Mommy."
Daddy: "I don't need to ask Mommy. You can watch boxing."
Kiddo: "You'd better ask Mommy."
Daddy: "I don't need to ask Mommy. I'm the daddy, boxing is fine."
Kiddo: "Ok, but I think I should ask Mommy."
Daddy: "Goodnight son."

A few minutes later, he came out to the couch and said, "Mommy, daddy says I can watch boxing. Is it ok?"

Me: "If you think you can watch boxing to go to sleep without having bloody, scary nightmares about people getting hurt and killed, then yes, you can watch boxing."

Kiddo: "I think I'll switch it to baseball."

He walks away, giving daddy quite the "I told you so" glare. Love it!

#2 (Daddy putting him to bed, again)

Daddy: "Ok, how about The Incredibles."
Kiddo: "I wish we were a family of supers."
Daddy: "Really? What powers would we have?"
Kiddo: "Um, well, you'd have the power of fatness."
Daddy: "Really? Well fine then. Good night."
Kiddo: "MOMMMIIEEE!!!"
Me: "Yes?" as I poke my head in the door.
Kiddo: "If we were supers, you'd have the power of tiredness."
Me: "Tiredness? Not cleanliness or organization or making people feel better?"
Kiddo: "No, You're good at all those things. But your tiredness power is the most dominant."

No comments: