Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I should write a book

I originally wrote this a couple of weeks ago, then the site had an error, life happened, etc. But I figured I'd go ahead and publish it since I took the time to write it.

As if the wedding drama wasn’t enough – there has been MORE. Imagine that. Here’s what’s been going on.

The bad…
*The camera is officially gone. It WAS found - and then the cleaning staff at the club found it. Then they “lost” it again before we could go get it. So it’s officially gone.

*My son had a reading celebration at school to reward him and other first and second graders for their reading achievements. This was a drop off-pick up your kid situation. I don’t do that. Good thing. I stayed to watch, and 15 minutes in, my son got knocked down, trampled and drug across the gravel playground by his tug of war opponents. Bleeding scrapes, a black eye and rope burns ensued. The “supervising” parents were playing a game of hoops at the time. Grrr.

*My husband got very sick and was ordered to stay home for a few days. Without vacation or sick leave accumulated, he decided to risk it and go to work. On the way, he hit (obliterated) a deer and came back home with a pieced-together car – and a lesson learned.

*My sister is on a cruise with her family in Alaska. Yesterday, a day and a half in, we got a call that they were ambulancing her husband from the ship (docked in Ketchikan) to the ER in town with severe abdominal pain. She and the kids were asked to pack up and vacate the ship. Not only were their vacation dreams shattered and their children heartbroken and crying for us to come and get them (easier said than done), Steve’s health was in question.

Things have been pretty bleak. But then I decided to see the brighter side, too.

The good…
*The keys were found. “Someone” – neither my husband nor I – put the keys in the glove compartment. *What we thought was mono in my husband was a mono-like virus and not the real thing and he is fully recovered.

*The deductible on the car was $100. The damage was $5800. Thank the LORD for insurance.

* Hubby was not hurt in the deer-car collision. Amen.

*My brother in law is ok – it was an ulcer flare up that caused havoc – so their family was allowed to re-board the ship just minutes before it left port to resume their vacation.

*My son finished first grade with only 9.5 missed days. This is an all-time record. · He also finished with perfect grades and outstanding achievement awards.

*We have survived the first year in our house. Within a month, our front room and entire exterior will be repainted and lovely!

*My position at the Library has been reclassified. Starting in January, hopefully, I will be promoted up the ranks two grades in pay. Yippie!

No comments: