Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rub Icy Hot While You Work

Catchy lyrics, aren't they?! Last weekend, I spent three entire days scraping wallpaper in our master bedroom. LAYERS of wallpaper. My shoulders were crying in pain. My husband was generous enough to finish for me this week.

Then I arrived at work Monday morning to paint the entire staff lounge (it was so very needed).

But in both cases, the finished product is WELL worth the screaming shoulders and achy back. Tomorrow, we'll start tackling the paint in the bedroom, getting rid of the last nasty decor in our house, making a permanent "us" stamp on it.

I'm so excited. My muscles, however, are not. I am armed with icy hot. When did I get so old?!

Here are some photos from the work project. The first is of our maintenance man, Larry disassembling a shelving unit of books - in a library -imagine that. We opted for a lower shelving unit with a wood top to serve as a "buffet" for our potlucks and celebrations!


Myself and Connie. We replaced an entire termite-eaten wall of paneling with new beadboard and painted it practically beige (really, that's the paint color name).

Pics of the bedroom project to follow soon. Stay tuned!

No comments: