Friday, March 26, 2010

Vacation Dreams

More than EVER, I want to go on a vacation. I've never had the urge more. Cale's treatments are going well and we can tell that he's feeling better. It's been a VERY long winter. And I'm feeling like our kids just MIGHT be old enough to travel better and appreciate a destination.

As I sit and longingly dream of palm trees and sand castles, I remember that not too long ago when we were at a friend's house, they started talking about a family trip next year (summer '11). This is my husband's best friend, his siblings, their wives and husbands (respectively), all the kids and the parents. These people are more than friends, they are truly family. Then I remembered - they invited us to go, too! Or did they? Did I dream that?

So I called up my friend, Johni and asked if I dreamed that. "NO" she said, "we're hoping you'll go, too!"

OMG.

So I start getting more details. Turns out, they want to go some place tropical. Ideas are being thrown in for everywhere from SoCal to Jamaica, the Bahamas to Mexico. Maybe even a cruise.

The catch? The budget of course.

Can we really budget this into our finances? I sure hope so. The idea of lounging on a beach chair watching my kids play with their best friends in life, sipping a margarita with my husband and our best friends by our sides - doesn't it sound wonderful? All the adults take turns babysitting the other adults' kids so each couple has a date night! Ah, bliss.

So I'll be starting a money jar - if anyone would like to donate, please feel free! :) Our son has been dreaming of palm trees and sand castles for a long time. I have too. Could it be a reality? I'm hoping.

No comments: