
If you've known us long enough, you know that even though I went to Kansas State for a year, we are
die-hard Jayhawk fans. Yep, we bleed red AND blue. My husband got the itch from his grandma, who I remember making me a Wildcat afghan with tears in her eyes (I still have it and cherish it). But I got it not only from him, but from my cousin, Sarah, who attended KU. I spent lots of weekends hanging out with her, and falling in love with Rock Chalk Jayhawk Pride.

This weekend, our niece, Karissa, played in the Sunflower Slam Volleyball Tourney in Lawrence, so we made a weekend out of it, spent time with Sarah and Aaron and at Allen Fieldhouse when Karissa wasn't on the court. Here are a few pics.

Adam, Sarah (middle) and Aaron (right) look up at the basketball you are supposed to vertically jump up and touch (yeah right).

Elena tries out her wingspan, compared to KU basketball players (her entire wingspan is shorter than one of their ARMS!)

Cale's hand compared to Cole Aldrich's (he has a ways to go, but he's determined to get there).

Karissa's team, the Abilene Aces, won the entire tourney - here is her winning smile (she hates her braces, but I don't care) and her gold medal!!
We had a great weekend. Thanks, Karissa, for doing your best and making the tournament so thrilling! Thanks, Sarah and Aaron (and Hogan) for being wonderful hosts.
ROCK! CHALK!!
No comments:
Post a Comment