I think either God is confused, or the rest of the world is. Lately, windows open, but then doors get slammed in our faces.
Two weeks ago, my parents were ill on the day they were supposed to keep the kids. My mother in law had plans and couldn't fill in, so I had to miss a day of work. Without pay, because it was the end of my contract year and I had JUST used up all my days over Thanksgiving (I figured this was safe since I'd only have THREE days afterward until my new year started.) WRONG I was. Losing a day of pay right before Christmas? Not cool. Harboring resentment towards my mother in law for not helping me? Not cooler.
But then, a window. My husband got called in to work an extra day. WOW! Breathing a little easier.
Wait...two days later, he gets sick, and misses a day of work. Without pay, because he too is out of days off until January rolls around. And when he misses work, it stings. Back to stressing. Oh, and add an ER visit onto it.
Because of the up and down of the budget, we cancelled our dog's grooming appointment and scheduled just a nail clip. The groomer (who also happens to be my husband's cousin) calls and says "MERRY CHRISTMAS! I groomed Emma for you today. No charge!" WOW!
The next day, Emma goes to the vet with an ear infection, and has a seizure on the exam table. They had to give her valium to stop it. They should've saved some for me. The bill for that 30 minute visit was over $100. SLAM.
I had a review at work...it was glowing. They even gave me a teeny raise. Then told me that my insurance premium is increasing over $200 a month.
For crying out loud. Add to it the fact that for a year, we've done this whole "Should we change doctors or keep our doctor? Should we doctor in town, or stay rural?" We finally dove in and changed to a local doctor who can actually practice in the hospital where our son has to stay now. Two visits later, he takes a new job and leaves his practice. Now we have NO doctor.
Open. Shut. Crack. SLAM.
I sure hope Santa has something up his sleeve, otherwise, I'm thinking this might just be a ho-hummer of a Christmas. It's going to take a LOT of Christmas movies to heal these wounds!
No comments:
Post a Comment