Saturday, December 18, 2010

We were just kids!


Look at us, eleven years ago today...


We were just babies!! At 20, people have a LOT of big decisions ahead of them. But one decision I didn't have to face was who to spend my life with. I met the right person when I was 18 years old. Wow, what guardian angel was watching over me that day?

It hasn't all been easy. In fact, most have it has been pretty dang hard. LOTS and LOTS of illness, career changes, relocation, just hard, hard decisions. But every one of them made as a team, and that's all you can really hope for.

Just three years after this day, we had our first baby, after struggling for nearly two years with infertility. Three years after that, our daughter, who incidentally came to be as a total surprise!

And through all the struggles, and the great times too, I've never EVER forgotten what an amazing gift this man is in my life. And while I know he gets irritated with me at times (NO!), he sticks in the mucky mud that is the day to day and walks on clouds with me when there are moments to celebrate.

And each day that I wake up with him next to me, and go to bed with him next to me, it's a moment to celebrate. I think we're doing JUST FINE.


No comments: