
Its twelve days until Christmas. And on Sunday, I will have been married to my husband for twelve years! So I thought it was appropriate to write something that commemorated this twelve-ness.
In the first year of marriage, my true love shared with me – a shiny, new college degree.
In the second year of marriage, my true love shared with me – disappointing infertility.
In the third year of marriage, my true love shared with me – our amazing, beautiful baby.
In the fourth year of marriage, my true love shared with me – the sadness of my sick mommy.
In the fifth year of marriage, my true love shared with me – friendships of a lifetime, on the road with Bethany (College).
In the sixth year of marriage, my true love shared with me – the unexpected birth of a second, darling baby.
In the seventh year of marriage, my true love shared with me – the joys of experiencing our new family.
In the eighth year of marriage, my true love shared with me – a cancer diagnosis for my daddy.
In the ninth year of marriage , my true love shared with me – monthly infusions and lawsuits against the insurance company.
In the tenth year of marriage, my true love shared with me – the realization of medical bankruptcy, an emergency hysterectomy and our son’s scary appendectomy.
In the eleventh year of marriage, my true love shared with me – a promise of a new start and a honeymoon to set us free.
In the twelfth year of marriage, my true love shared with me – my sweet puppy, Shelby and life in a new place with a kickin’ new job opportunity.
So, here we are. Almost 33. In our new town, new jobs, new house, new life. Our son seems to be doing pretty darned well. Our daughter is a feisty, red-headed Indian. My folks, well, they’re doing ok. They are still here, and everytime I see their faces, I say a prayer of Thanksgiving.
Fourteen years ago, I didn’t know God’s plan for my life (who does at 18?). But then Adam showed up. I resisted. He persisted. I haven’t regretted my choices for one single moment. The path God lays down ahead of you, you just have to take it one step at a time and trust “The plans I have for you,” says the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
No comments:
Post a Comment