Last night, I baked holiday goodness. I had this fairy tale image of my kids in the kitchen with me, adding the ingredients, taking turns stirring, tasting. Their eyes all aglow as the finished treats emerged from the oven.
I'm so silly.
Instead what I got was the kids fighting about who measured more. Who stirred more. Who got more chocolate chips on their bite. I tried to stay calm, but when the flour ended up all over the dog, I declared the kitchen ME space and the kids were released to do other activities.
One day, ONE DAY my fairy tale will come true and baking will be a family event. But not today.
Although, the eyes aglow part did come true. And the appreciation forproperly measured and stirred goodness was apparent.
I made chocolate crinkles, chocolate chip cookies, apple bread, cinnamon pretzels and pumpkin pie. Tonight, peppermint brownies. Then tomorrow, delivery to my new neighbors. Maybe the kids will want to deliver the goods.
I'll just have to make sure they take equal numbers of steps, knock the same number of times and say the same number of words when the door is answered.
No comments:
Post a Comment