Friday, May 11, 2012

I Didn't Fall Off the Earth

It just feels like it.

My children have 8 days of school left.  Seriously?  How did this happen?

I flew to NYC and appeared on Dr. Oz with fitness trainer Brett Hoebel - and then had the best month I've ever had as a Beachbody coach when three of my customers became coaches, and four new customers decided to do a Rev Abs challenge with me.  I was flying high.  I thought I might have finally arrived - I was so excited about what this would mean for us - that we might be able to BREATHE and enjoy life. And people were actually seeing me as a real coach - someone who could make a difference in their lives (which is the whole reason I do this....not for any kind of check).

Then my husband lost his job.  It will be 2 weeks on Monday.  I feel like the bottom dropped out of my world.  We have NO idea what we're going to do.  He hasn't stopped for a single moment.  He's applied everywhere there is a job opening.  His spreadsheet is ridiculous.  I'm torn between being incredibly proud of him, and utterly depressed because I know that every new day is a day closer to our house payment being due.

It's terrifying.  And then I have to decide whether to ask my parents for help.  Tough knot to swallow when your dad has terminal cancer.  You feel like YOUR pity party looks like a rainbow next to his.

And then play day comes to school.  And for a few delightful hours, you forget that your life is messed up.  Until you get home and realize you put sunscreen on your kids, but not you and you are a tomato.  And at 11 pm, you also realize you are out of toilet paper. And kleenex.  And paper towels.  And the tears start flowing.

Yeah, it's been kind of like that.


No comments: