Saturday, August 17, 2013

#3 in '13: And a New PR

I ran my third 5K of 2013 last weekend -- the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  I accidentally started with the competitive runners, even though I wasn't chipped. I was running alone, so I just picked someone ahead of me and paced myself to her the whole race.  I crossed the finish line and looked up to see I had run it 4 MINUTES faster than my last race. HUH?! And there were ridiculous hills I hadn't planned for! New PR, beautiful skyline, my peeps waiting for me -- all sorts of wonderful.

My kiddos always cheer me on, even at 6am on a Sunday! 
Running by the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
My amazing hubby brings out the goofball in me.
I won this tablet at registration! So they had me stop and get a photo for press!
We hung out with Mac from the Missouri Mavericks.
Top: post race reward, seeing our Royals slaughter the Red Sox.
Bottom: my view while running.

No comments: