Once in a while, your children just simply amaze you. I mean GENUINELY knock you off your feet. This weekend, I saw a side of my children at Table Rock Lake that I wish I could have bottled up and brought home with me, so that on not so good days, I could open it up and hear their squeals of joy. But even without the bottle, I won't be forgetting how astounded I was at their 1) daring nature, 2) athletic ability, 3) hearts of gratitude, and 4) maturity beyond their years. I watched them in wonder.
I amazed myself a little bit, too! I tried once about 10 years ago to ski and couldn't get my butt out of the water. A decade later, 120 pounds lighter and way more confident, I tried again and got up on my third attempt. Then you couldn't get me out of the water!
I love this family so much. I love my life, and I LOVE when I'm surprised. Weekends like this make me giddy inside to think of the years ahead with our babies -- who proved this weekend that they just aren't so much babies anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment