Whew. Ok, for the two of you wondering where I disappeared to (I know it's only two of you because you both called scared that I had died or something), I didn't fall off the Earth. I just took a breather from blogging. It became another thing on my to-do list and I lost interest and motivation. I know that my blog isn't necessarily for your enjoyment...it's also my personal therapy. But I just needed a break.
I can't guarantee that my motivation is back, but I'm in the mood to write today. So here goes.
Since my last blog, life has been it's normal dose of nuts. I have taken on a part-time/seasonal job at Bath and Body Works. My husband and I both applied for this kind of job (he at Borders), with the agreement that whoever was offered the job first would take it. Guess who "won" that bet? Yep. I haven't actually started...but I have done my training. I think it will be a good escape for me. Time spent with girls, away from children and family...just "me" time, even if it is technically working.
Last week, my daughter went to stay the night with grandma and then phone rang at 1 am. "She's throwing up" I hear. Off I go in jammies to get her. When did the night time weather become 38 degrees? She was ok - just stomach upset due to food we think. Still, it was the first time I had to call in sick to work - but the great thing about being a sub is they don't really care...there is someone else on the list who wants to work that day!
Fast forward a week. Monday morning. My son wakes up with a 103 fever and vomiting. Within a few hours, we get to the dr. and he has another mysterious "infection." We load up on antibiotics and bar the doors and windows. Tuesday passes, Wednesday passes and maybe we are clear. Fever is gone, he has some energy and he wants to go to school Thursday. Thursday morning rolls around and within 30 minutes of waking up, I am racing him to the ER with croup and he is struggling to get air. 7.5 hours later, we come home, loaded with steroids and new meds. He is now up to 10 breathing treatments a day, a steroid, an antibiotic, and all of his usual meds. He is NOT a happy camper.
Sick kids, lost income, more medical bills and a pity party - did you miss me??
3 comments:
I have missed you--very much. But I didn't call--so I guess you have 3 readers! :o) Sorry about the nutty at your house! Keeping you and yours in my prayers.
I didn't call... but I emailed your mother in law! I figure she knows everything that goes on around there :) Glad you're back for my daily, or not so daily, dose of Kansas.
Add me to the list of the concerned as well! However pregnancy brain prevents me from following through with anything...(thanks for buying my lame excuse). Glad to have you back!!!
Post a Comment