Friday, October 31, 2008

Shortlived Smile

Reason #1 from yesterday - I get to sleep in. Grrr. For the first time in as long as I can remember, when my husband left at 4:55am, my daughter was still asleep in HER bed. I was giddy. The bed was mine. For hours...

At 6:00, my son comes in...15 minutes before his usual wake up time. "Can I sleep with you?" Sigh. "Sure, climb up." He never went back to sleep. "What time is it? Is it still night time? Why don't we have school? When do we start trick or treating? What are we doing today? Can I watch TV?"

When he has school and I wake him up at 6:15, there are tears, angry words, repeated orders, more tears (from me), and frustration. On Saturdays, if we have to go somewhere and I wake him up at 9, he screams not-nice things at me for waking him up "too early."

Today was MY day to sleep. Forgiveness will not come lightly.

No comments: