1. I got up Monday to get ready insanely early just in case I got called to sub. I did and headed out the door. They called and said "Never mind, we don't need you after all." $100 gone.
2. So, my husband and I headed to Walmart (reason in itself to frown). Groceries subtotalled $87.10. After the socks, undies, plastic and paper goods, dog food, health and beauty products, etc we restocked on, we were $300 poorer (well, $400 since I didn't get paid).
3. We tried to mail a package to our nephew in Iraq. The USPS lines were insanely long and we never made progress. PakMail wouldn't ship to Iraq without a special, expensive box that they didn't sell (go figure). So the package is back on the counter.
4. We spent two hours cleaning out dining room carpet. Less than that amount of time later, our daughter dropped 1/2 gallon of CHOCOLATE milk on it.
5. I found out that my terrible, awful surgery earlier this year was a "Complete failure" and that I now officially need a total hysterectomy. The slice me open, rip me apart, stay home for 6 weeks version.
6. Said surgery will require some sort of short-term disability insurance, income while I'm home and money to pay the doctor/anasthesia/hospital bills. So, I'm now back in the job market, seeking a full time position once again. I don't abhor the thought of going back to work full time. I will just miss the extra time with the kids and flexibility for my folks. But it is what it is.
7. My husband murdered the chicken fried steak for dinner that we'd be craving all day. I was craving NOT having to make dinner...oh well. I saved the day again.
8. We sat down to watch "Dancing with the Stars" instead of election coverage (seriously, non stop?) and our TiVO hard drive had crashed and it didn't record it from Monday. We missed the first perfect 10-10-10 of the season.
9. I missed the deadline to register after moving, so I didn't get to vote in this historic election.
10. We have learned that a dear aunt has breast cancer and will soon undergo a full double mastectomy.
I hope that I will soon have reasons to again turn this frown upside down. I'm going to venture a guess it might take a while...and that's ok. Life will keep marching on. Either way, I'm just glad to be here to enjoy the ride.
1 comment:
Here's a reason to smile...Nick and I will be moving back to KS sometime in the next year (since they are shutting down the plant here...frowns for the people losing their jobs). Hopefully I can catch up with face-to-face again someday!
Post a Comment