Thursday, December 17, 2009

And it came to pass...

On the eve of the anniversary we planned to go play,
An anticipated, but hated visitor figured, "No way!"
Ten years of marriage needs no big show,
Instead we'll be home, feeling the blow.

Our son came to me, in the middle of the night,
"I don't feel good," I knew at first sight.
Then vomiting followed, then panic set in,
Why is this happening, again and again?

I will never get angry, I will never cast blame,
But part of me feels that it's really a shame
That EVERY time we try to sneak off,
Something hits hard, a flu or bad cough.

Ten years we will celebrate at home instead,
That's ok, who really wants a hotel bed?
My prayer for my son, and all who fall ill,
Is peace, love and joy during this season still.

My husband is sad, I too shed tears,
We'd hoped for a night without illness fears.
Our son is a gift, along with his sis,
That our vows gave us during this decade of bliss.

So who needs a trip, its money we saved,
I don't need glitz to remember the day
Our rings and our vows set forth a life,
I would be forever this man's wife.

No comments: