Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Wishes

It's Christmas week...and as is my usual tradition here, I put down a few Christmas wishes just so I have evidence and can see how things turned out when it's all over.

1. Health. If I had ONE Christmas wish only, this would be it. I pray fervently that all in my family are able to enjoy Christmas without illness. No flu, no tummy aches, no vomiting, no headaches, infections, injuries, sore throats, fevers or likewise. This is especially the wish for my son. PLEASE let him have his Christmas.

2. Whiteness...and if the National Weather Service is at all right, I'll get this wish. It's always my wish to wake up Christmas morning to see SNOW. Now before you get your panties in a bunch...I didn't wish for 15 inches of snow and ice. Just a new blanket of snow and some flakes falling down when I wake up. You can't blame Blizzard '09 on me!

3. Gratitude. Especially from my offspring. I hope they remember to say "thank you" for every gift they get, and realize the amount of hard work and financial stress that went into giving them a nice Christmas!! Ok, I know, they're 7 and 4. But they are still smart....they know the gifts didn't just appear under that tree.

4. The true meaning. We've been drilling into them HARDER than ever this year the true meaning of Christmas. Probably because our funds were minimal and we couldn't grant their every wish. But three gifts - just like what baby Jesus got - as well as continual conversation with them about Jesus' birthday will hopefully wrap their hearts in the true meaning.

5. Discretion. Ok, this has many meanings. First, our kids are LIGHT sleepers. PLEASE let them sleep through Santa's arrival. PLEASE! I'll let you interpret for yourself the rest of the meanings.

6. Safety. If #2 is right, there will be a lot of people traveling on less-than-desirable conditions. Please give them safe travels, and also a little bit of #5. If it's too icy, we can postpone. It's ok!

7. Quiet time. It always seems like there's a bustle of voices. This year, I wish for some quiet time during the week to reflect and react to Christmas, to find my center. And maybe even read a book!

I could really go on and on. But I think these top my list. For you, I wish for blessings and peace...and that a few of the things on your wish list come true as well. Merry Christmas!

No comments: