Let's check in and see how I came out on those Christmas wishes...
1. Health: We succeeded where our immediate family is concerned. The kids were healthy and had a great time. Unfortunately, my cousin didn't make it to the family celebration, nor did my aunt, thanks to the stomach flu. And our Christmas eve was rearranged due to a sick baby cousin.
2. Whiteness: Yup. Got my white Christmas...finally! A new not-deep blanket on the ground and white stuff gently falling all day...along with 40 mph wind, but who's complaining?
3. Gratitude: Every single present got a "thank you." YES!
4. The true meaning: When we sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and had cake at church, I think it finally got them. Then when Santa presents were over, our daughter said, "Christmas isn't about gifts. It's about Jesus, loving and giving." Score!
5. Discretion: The babies slept right through it. Check!
6. Safety: No wrecks. We did just great.
7. Quiet time: I finished an entire 40 chapter novel "Americans in Space" by Mary E. Mitchell in 3 days. I haven't done this since college. I had to get up EARLY and stay up light those days to do it, but loved every minute. I think I'm hooked on lit again!
Pictures to come. But for now...a kiddo to spend time with after a long day at the hospital for round two of infusion. Check back soon to see how we did on that health thing over the next few days....
No comments:
Post a Comment