Tuesday, February 8, 2011

All Alone

I have an amazing husband whom I adore. I pour my heart out to him. He's a great listener. He's held me up through my family's health issues, we've stuck together through infertility, our son's health issues, medical bankruptcy, and so much more. But sometimes I can tell that the weight of my burdens is also weighing him down. And it is in those times that I so desperately wish I had another person - a female person - that I could empty my heart out to.

This person would listen, and keep the information I share to herself. She wouldn't say "trust me" and then tell someone. She would celebrate my success and mourn my sorrows. She would be in the same town as me, so that I could go to her house at the drop of a hat, or she could come to mine in a pinch. She'd love my kids. And I would provide all of those same things for her.

I wish I had that person - that Ethel to my Lucy (or Lucy to my Ethel). Because right now, I need her. And she's not here.

No comments: