We read it over and over and over that weekend to our daughter. We got home and I searched and searched my boxes of books. I couldn't find it. But my grandma had a copy on the shelf in her basement. Inside, my grandpa had written "Kristi G. 1980" It was now mine again.It now sits on our daughter's bookshelf and is a favorite read.
Then...SHE came along.
She is adorable and fluffy and soft and lovable. She smells good, feels good, has the cutest bark and loves to be held and cuddled.But she also bites (in play). She "herds" the kids and nips at their legs. She scratches. She chews. She barks LOUD, she attacks everything she sees. She's a wildebeast.
"MOM! Shelby ripped my pants."
I say..."Puppies are like that!"
"MOM! Shelby bit my hand!"
I say..."Puppies are like that!"
"MOM! Shelby's eating a barbie under the bed!"
I say..."Puppies are like that!"
Our son made our daughter cry.
I said, "Brothers are like that!"
Our daughter hit her brother in retaliation.
I said, "Sisters are like that!"
"STOP SAYING THAT! IT'S SO ANNOYING!!!"
My husband said, "Mommies are like that!"
Revenge is sweet. Wives are like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment