A few days ago, my husband traded in his older, PAID FOR, Chevy Malibu and dove us into the car payment waters once again. BUT, in his defense, his car was way up there in miles, ready for major repairs, has been nearly totaled three times in the last year thanks to deer, and handled poorly on the snow.
So, we now have a 2011 Chevy Cruze. Yes, the car from the Super Bowl commercial. Yes, the one that give you facebook updates and that you can start from your phone.
Here's how the inaugural drive home went.
"Congratulations on the purchase of your new Chevy Cruze. This is Mary, your on-star representative today, and I'd like to help you set up your new vehicle."
Our son: "Who is that?"
Mary: "I'm your on-star guide. How are you today?"
Son: "Is this car talking to us? Is this the Knight-Rider car?"
Mary: "No, I'm talking to you. My name is Mary and I work for On-star."
Son (as we roll with laughter): "Can you see me? Where are you? How do you know I'm in the car?"
Mary: "I can hear you. I'm going to talk to your folks now, ok? I'd like to demonstrate the turn by turn navigation for you. Will you be headed home to (address) now?"
Son: "She knows our address? How does she-how do you-know our address? We're not supposed to tell strangers our address!"
Mary: "The gentleman who sold the car to your folks told me your address so I could direct you home."
Daughter: "He shouldn't have done that. He was a stranger, too. And we know how to get home. We do it all the time. How many times have you been to our house, Mary?"
Mary, rolling with laughter: "Well, it sounds like you have all the help you need. Just press the on-star button if we can ever be of assistance. And when you're in the car, without your kids, press the button so we can finish your set-up, pair your mobile device and go through some other features. Thanks for using On-Star."
No comments:
Post a Comment