Thursday night, I taught a class on a whim, and had very little time to plan for it. So I just went with it...whatever came to mind. It ended up being an AWESOME adrenaline rush kind of class - I felt completely energized, in my element and on top of the world. I thought - YES, this is what it's SUPPOSED to feel like!
Then, I had the opportunity to go shopping. And here's what I discovered...not ONLY do I get paid to work out, but my body appreciates and craves the results. I went down ANOTHER size and comfortably slid into every 8 I pulled on...and one 6.
It was A Single Digit revisited. And I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.
I'm not bragging here, people. You can't possibly understand the HUGENESS of this achievement. I am ONE THIRD the size I was 4 years ago. Half the weight. That's a BIG DEAL. It's a big deal for my health. Have you met my family?! I don't exactly have a gene pool to brag about...and in this body, at this shape, size and weight, I am poised to fight off the evil gene demons head on, should that be God's will.
Don't get me wrong, there's a LITTLE element of pride in it all. I've worked hard. I've trained hard. I've done my best, and I've been diligent in my lifestyle to achieve this. But it's not just so I can have more fun shopping...it's so that I can proudly carry myself into the doctor KNOWING that I made good choices.
And at the end of the day, that's what I'm proud of.
No comments:
Post a Comment