The last few weeks are a blur. First my husband moved out. Settle down, he moved to Kansas City to start a new job....and the kids and I (and my puppy) will be joining him soon.
Soon...the "soon" could be determined TODAY. TODAY is the day that we find out if we got a house we put an offer on. TODAY is the day that we found out if I got the job that I interviewed for. TODAY could be a very big day.
It could go a couple of different ways.
1. If I get the job, I will be one VERY happy girl. The place, the people, the location - it's ideal. I want so very badly to work there. I loved my time there during the interview. I know it's a very glazed over impression when you have a few hours there, but it felt good.
2. If I don't, well then, we will very likely have a new house. We still have our house here. And no job for me in the town that the new house is in. And no buyer for this house (YET!).
We are NOT gamblers, folks. We put a few pennies in a slot machine once in Vegas, cashed out with $73 and walked away. That's the extent of our adventurous lives. We do EVERYTHING by the book.
But the stars appear to be aligning for us this time. This is how I know it's going to be ok:
* This job was the first one I applied for when we decided to move. Of ALL the jobs I applied for, it was the one I earmarked and starred. They were the first to call me for an interview.
* It's next door to an elementary school, which has one spot left in it's all day kindergarten class.
* This house came out of left field when we were bemoaning the fact that we'd never find a house in that area. It has 3 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, 2 car garage, in a cul-de-sac. It's right.
* There is a kickboxing club a few miles away that wants instructors.
* The chiropractor we were referred to is 4 miles away. His business partner is a girl I went to high school with.
* The immunologist we were referred to for our son is 6 miles away.
* The shutters on the house are dark purple. The job I applied for - well, let's just say it deals a lot with the color purple.
* The head of the search committee has cataracts from steroid use. So does my son. AND, her husband just got a job in the town we CURRENTLY live in.
* Another lady on the search committee is friends with a friend that I went to Bethany with.
Are you convinced yet?
Ring phone. RING!
No comments:
Post a Comment