Oh dear. This time next week, we'll be unpacking boxes in our new house.
How can that be when I haven't even finished PACKING the boxes? Finished, lol, I'm maybe 1/3 of the way there. The movers come Monday.
I'm good.
Who am I kidding? I'm FREAKING out. I have friends moving later this week, and their friends and family have all been at their house for weeks helping them pack and sort. I've had one friend come, one evening. And my folks are coming tonight. I'm feeling very abandoned. :( BUT, I know it's not personal, people are busy with their own lives and schedules and kids, and I understand. But I can still feel overwhelmed.
My husband is going to purchase our washer and dryer tomorrow. I told him that if he could pick out the house without me seeing it, I certainly didn't care about what washer and dryer he selected - if it washed and dried my clothes and fit into a specified budged, I'd be happy.
My here house is a TOTAL wreck. There's that old "you have to make a mess in order to sort through the original mess" thing. And then there's that piece of the puzzle still missing - the piece where my house hasn't sold and we're going to be facing two payments next month.
Yet, through it all, I feel so amazingly blessed to have found a home (a beautiful one at that), in our price range, in the neighborhood we only DREAMED we'd be in, so close to school/work. The immunologist already has Cale's records in hand. We're scheduled to visit their new school next Tuesday, as well as our furniture being delivered. My contract is being overnighted for my signatures. My HUGE project at my current job that I never thought I'd finish before leaving is nearly done. Thanksgiving dinner is ordered from Price Chopper and I have plenty of boxes to pack in.
Yeah, I'm good.
No comments:
Post a Comment