It is not often that I reach out for help. But all of you who read this (I should say the few of you who read this) are trusted friends. And I know that you are warriors.
My husband and I are becoming buried in medical debt. Insurance helps. But in preparing our tax documents, we have started adding it up - between a surgery for me and my son last year, all of our son's prescriptions, doctor visits, hospital stays and miscellaneous bills, they are surmounting. The monthly committments to medication for our son combined with the negotiated payments to nine different institutions/doctors is equal to a second mortgage payment each month. And I am facing a surgery in a few weeks that is a major undertaking - a hospital stay and weeks off of work. We try to negotiate with hospitals and doctors - but each of them wants their share, and they want it NOW. They get what they get. Our mortgage, heat, and food come first. But there has to be something we can do...
Does anyone out there have any ideas? Maybe we aren't being creative enough or aren't thinking of something. Someone sent me an email that said "Be kinder than you need to be. Everyone is facing a battle of their own." And Lord knows I know it. I know that each of you has your own battles - but I also know that if you can't turn to your friends for advice and support, who can you turn to?
The floor is yours - you may be brutally honest.
1 comment:
If you owe several bills to one place, sometimes they can consolidate the bills and allow you to make one smaller monthly payment instead of several bigger ones. Didn't know if you thought about this. Also comic books on ebay bring a nice price.....LOL! Adam is going to hate me. Sorry Adam!
Post a Comment