If you read yesterday's post and considered sending a rescue patrol, never fear. The evening got better. The kids and I got ice cream cones and raced to eat them in the car wash. Then we watched an hour and a half of Tom and Jerry. We made homemade cookies and played indoor basketball (yes, I really AM losing it). I didn't call the hospital again and then I went to bed, snuggled with my daughter at 8:00 while the boys watched the Super Bowl.
I know that tomorrow is necessary. I've taken conservative steps to correct the body the Lord saw fit to give me. It didn't work. Taking everything out means no future fear of uterine, ovarian, or cervical cancer - hey, three less things to worry about, right? It is still terrifying. But I have a great doctor and husband to see me through it. I have family caring for my children that I trust and love. And I get weeks of rest that I've probably been needing.
It is a brighter morning. It will be a long day, but I know that I'm lucky to have it.
No comments:
Post a Comment