Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One Year

It has been one year since our dear friends Ty and Amy said goodbye to baby Emily and sent her into the arms of the Lord. To honor her, Amy created a video and it appears on her blog today.

I had the blessing of knowing and holding precious Emily in the weeks before her death. I witnessed her smiles and coos. I soaked up her beautiful blue eyes and stroked her hair. Her death caused such pain in my heart - I cannot imagine what her parents feel.

It has taught me to cherish every moment - an entire lifetime with your children may mean days, months or years - whatever the Lord gives you, NEVER take it for granted. It's ALL quality time. And you never get it back.

To Amy and Ty - we love you. Our hearts reach out to you. May the Lord's peace comfort you.

Note: My friend Rhonda happened to blog about God's amazing power today - I don't know if she remembered this was the anniversary of Emily's death, but it was perfect. Here is a link to relift your spirits. Thank you, my friend.

No comments: