Blah Blah Blah. That's all I hear when I talk to insurance companies, (some) doctors offices, and the pharmacy. I know they are talking, and I know they are doing their jobs. But what they say comes out "Our computer doesn't allow us to give you permission to give your child the medication that he needs to get and stay well. To continue getting screwed, please press 1."
And there are no other options.
We can't afford to give him the medicine and treatments WITHOUT insurance helping. Yet their help isn't much to write home about. They need letters of medical necessity. Look at his charts, people. The doctor PRESCRIBING the medication and treatments ARE the medical necessity. "We have to make sure there are no other routes that are most cost-effective."
Other routes? Of plasma infustion? Of antibody infusion? Pretty sure he can't take it in a pill. Pretty sure he can't drink it in a can. Pretty sure he doesn't need YOUR RED TAPE telling him he can't get better.
And the worst part is, I know he needs it. And I can't give it to him. It's out of my hands and in the hands of people with their policies, computer screens and "supervisors." My child needs medicine and someone on the other end of the phone is TAKING FOREVER.
I pray that person never has a child of their own depending on them for answers. Because if they do, they'll live the rest of their lives wondering what happened to the children they didn't "approve" medication for.
No comments:
Post a Comment