Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'll see if I can work you in

My son has a tremendous gift. He can program his brain to dream. He's been able to do this for as long as I can remember.

There is a lot of literature on this gift - and I'm starting to delve a little deeper into it. It never occurred me what a gift this was until one morning he was telling me about these dreams he'd had the night before. I asked if I was in it. He said, "No, I didn't program you in. I'll see if I can work you in tonight."

He also uses terminology like he "Deleted" a scene or a person from his dream when he didn't want it there.

It's like his dreams are video or computer games. He writes the program while he's still awake, programs it in and then can control it as it's happening.

As he ages, this will indeed become an even greater gift. He can program out the scary stuff and allow himself to retreat into his own beautiful mind. I would LOVE to be able to do this.

Can you imagine the possibilities?

No comments: