
In our household, I am the keeper of many kinds of dust. No, not those kinds of dust (ok, there are a few of the household variety lying about, but not too many I am proud to say). Here are a few of the dusts I keep in my collection, and their uses:
- SLEEPY DUST. This dust is most commonly used on my husband, any time he and I are cuddling, watching a movie or talking about something important. Only I don't use it on him, he somehow snatches it out of the cabinet from behind my back for his own benefit. It is also very handy for the children, and is used whenever a major league baseball game is on, or mixed with it's counterpart, Benedryl, whenever the kids are overly tired and crabby.
- CUDDLE DUST. My daughter has mastered the sprinkling of this dust. Whenever she wants something, needs something, or just wants to talk about something, she sprinkles it on us and then cuddles up in our laps and we're goners. It only really works on my son if he's sick, and then he's the master. My husband and I can't use it much, or it turns into Sleepy Dust (see above).
- GIGGLE DUST. I pull this dust out every so often, especially when I'm in the mood for Giggle Snorts. My husband is the best at this, so I usually just hand it over to him. It surfaces in the form of funny voices, insane wardrobing, faked stupidity, and just plain silliness. When he sprinkles it, the house fills with laughter, and I just take it all in.
Here are a few that are still in development in the lab. I hope to have the formula perfected soon.
- GAMMA DUST. This is what I would sprinkle on our son when his immunoglobulins are low, rather than infusing him with a needle and gamma juice once a month.
- DOLLAR DUST. This is in the same lab as the money tree. I would only sprinkle as many dollars as I need to get by. I wouldn't abuse it. I promise.
- OPTI-DUST. Not as in optical, like eyes. But OPTIMISM. I wish I could sprinkle it on my own head, and those around me when "down in the dumps mode" takes over.''
Yep, just call me Tink.
No comments:
Post a Comment