Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today I say Tomorrow

Today is the day I get to say "Tomorrow, I'm going on vacation!"

It's been a LONG TIME COMING.

I was feeling bummed, even the in midst of packing for this long-awaited trip, last night. I'm the jealous type, and I work at it and try so hard to overcome it. But there are still twinges. I was grousing that my husband's brother and his wife got twice the time in Vegas we're getting. His folks are going in October, and on to CA for a week. My sister's family goes on annual cruises for 10 days to Alaska, the Bahamas, Mexico. A friend of mine is also leaving tomorrow, but to Paris, for 10 days. A friend/colleague went to Vegas last fall, and this fall is going to Atlantis.

I get two full days, a half day and a few hours.

But my husband reminded me - more nicely than he really should have - that this was OUR time. We make the most of it. We show gratitude for it. We try to do it again soon, and not wait 13 more years. He said we have to go into it thankful that we get it at all. That we have the opportunity to share this time together - just us - no strings. He's right of course. When it's all said and done, we'll have OUR memories. And that's what matters.

Ok, I'm ready to go.

No comments: